25 Jan – 10 Feb 2021
What is the Chinese New Year contest?
- The Chinese New Year Contest is a free 13-day online gamified programme for seniors to continue keeping fit, staying healthy, and remaining connected to a community, despite COVID-19’s safe distancing measures.
- Participants will receive WhatsApp messages (in both English and Chinese) from Empower Ageing every weekday from 25 Jan (Mon) to 10 Feb (Wed) with links to YouTube videos 20 – 30 minutes in duration that cover the below content:
- Follow-along exercises to stay fit
- How to take care of ageing bodies
- What to eat to stay healthy
- How to use technology to keep relevant
- How to bond with different generations
- The YouTube videos will be hosted on Empower Ageing’s YouTube channel: https://tinyurl.com/GymTransformationOnline
- Participants will have a chance to win cash prizes if they participate by sending in entries.
- This Contest is only open to those who have signed up as members with Empower Ageing. Complete and submit this form in order to sign up: https://tinyurl.com/EmpowerCNY2021.
- After submitting the form, seniors will be sent a WhatsApp welcome message from Empower Ageing.
- All who have signed up (first-time) as members with Empower Ageing will be sent a free exercise resistance band.
How to participate in the Chinese New Year Contest
- Watch the daily videos that will be WhatsApp-ed to participants every weekday, 8.30am, from 25 Jan (Mon) to 10 Feb (Weds).
- Participants are to WhatsApp message Empower Ageing no: 96320057 the total number of hongbaos that appeared in the day’s video.
- For the entry to be valid, it must be sent to Empower Ageing by 11.59pm of the same day as when the video link was sent to participants.
- There will be a total prize pool of SGD $1000 that will be shared amongst:
- Winners – Participants who submit 13 entries with the correct answers for all entries.
- Consolation Prize Winners – Participants who submit less than 13 entries, as well as participants who submit entries that are not the correct answer.
- The amount of money that Winners, as well as Consolation Prize Winners, will receive, will be determined after the Contest ends.
- The list of Winners and Consolation Prize Winners will be sent via WhatsApp to all participants on Friday, 19th February.
- Winners will receive their cash prizes through PayNow (the preferred cashless transaction platform). Except for very special reasons, Empower Ageing will not entertain requests for other modes of payment. This decision made will be final.
Why have this Chinese New Year contest?
2020 has been a trying year for many seniors as they have had to struggle with social isolation and a steep learning curve in going digital.
Empower Ageing started online programmes in May 2020 and we have been pleasantly surprised by the positive reception we have been receiving from the seniors who have joined us online. To date, we have recruited 150 seniors from all around Singapore, with our oldest member at a formidable age of 90!
The Chinese New Year contest is a way to continue keeping seniors engaged mentally and socially in a fun and relevant way.